Lectio Divina in Proverbs 10

Silence:
Interest and penalties are rods of correction.

Meditation:
Good accounts make good friends.

Prayer:
Therefore, if you're offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar.  First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift. (Matthew 5:23-24)

Lectio: Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death.  (Proverbs 10:2)

Contemplation: Clean books bring good sleep.

Oration:
Today, I received a refund in the mail for a vending machine.  The children paid, the snack got stuck and they called me to regulate.  I read the machine's label, sent the email as instructed and assured the children justice would be served.  They seemed unimpressed and goaded me until I shook the machine and the snack fell.  Repeated emails to the vending machine people did not keep the refund from coming.

A dollar bill and a quarter were inserted into the attached letter.  I at once knew to get the refund back to the sender the same day.  Reading the Proverbs and Jesus' words hastened my reply letter and return of the refund.  Nothing I gain from the refund is worth the satisfaction of knowing I have avoided calamity in keeping ill-gotten treasure.

I am grateful for the shining example that is the Word in my life.  Ease in returning money is only experienced if the Lord is at work.

Incarnation:
Be faithful in small things, trusting God to make me ruler over many things.

Comments

Popular Posts