Crouched at Wisdom's Door

Lectio Divina

Silence: Unboisterous faith is equally potent.

Meditation: Life's journey is the distance from head to heart.

Prayer: May what happened in the text, happen in me?

Lectio:  Take my instruction instead of silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold, Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting beside my doors.
Proverbs 8:10‭, ‬34 ESV
http://bible.com/59/pro.8.10-34.ESV

Contemplation: Waiting diligently for a teacher limits my words.

Oration: If I'm crouched at Wisdom's door, silence is golden.  Anything I say is diminished by all Wisdom says.  If Wisdom doesn't speak, I should mirror Wisdom.  If Wisdom does speak, I should listen attentively.  Watching daily at the gates isn't a boisterous affair.  Waiting for wisdom is like hunting, like fishing: silence is golden.

Incarnation: Exercise more silence; give wisdom a chance to speak.

Comments

Popular Posts