Psalm 127: Architectural Rendering

October 2008

I am seen.  God is unseen.  It takes me and God to build a house.  For what is a house used?


Shelter /Warmth / Security / Unity / Education / Comfort / Dryness / Storage / Recreation / Healing / Cooking / Nourishment / Hygiene / Maintenance / Hospitality / Procreation / Human Experience

God's plans have? already been crafted.  My belief in the Bible and its purpose / status / use in the life of faith has everything to do with the house I build.  Do I believe that the Bible is the Architectural Rendering for my life?

Question:                                                                                Answer:
The Architectural Rendering?                                                Yes
Is the house every completed?                                                Yes
Is the house for me to enjoy?                                                  Yes
Is the house for God to use as She sees fit?                             Yes
Am I a builder or occupant?                                                     Both / and
Must I build or may I occupy a building?                                Build and occupy
Is the maintenance of the house ever finished?                        No

Proverbs 1-22 contain 50+ references to home and the members thereof: father, mother, son, house, wife or servant.  My progress in transforming the renderings into reality is commensurate to time spent with the renderings.  If I read the plan but forget what I'm supposed to be doing, it is as if I am building with no plan at all.

My assignment is to study the plan, amass the materials and work with brick in one hand and drawing in the other to change the world.  Study is a key to success.

Bible Study: The disciplined and active reading of the Bible in pursuit of textual and personal understanding.  

Comments

Popular Posts