Psalm 127:1-2 - Following the Leader

05Oct09@ 05:49
Unless the Lord builds a house
the work of the builders is useless.
Unless the Lord protects a city
guarding it with sentries will do no good.
It is useless for you to work so hard
from early morning to late at night, 
anxiously working for food to eat; 
for God gives rest to his loved ones.

The Proverb writer instructs me to prepare my fields before building my house.  Proverbs 24:27 is one line that save a great deal of grief.  Psalm 127:1 remind me of the importance of putting first things first.

Like most human beings, I crave comfort, security and contentment.  I crave a house to make a home; some land to call our own.  Proverbs 24:2 states that a house is gained by wisdom, knowledge and understanding.  Those are the same things the Lord used to establish the earth and sky (Proverbs 3:19-20).

My job is to do what the Lord has already done; to follow the Way.  First the Lord builds, then I work.  First the Lord chooses what to protect, then I follow suit.  My experience is that good leadership is easy to follow.

Comments

Popular Posts