In This Way: Flexibility

14Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I have never defiled myself.f From my youth up till now I have never eaten what died of itself or was torn by beasts, nor has tainted meat come into my mouth.” 15Then he said to me, “See, I assign to you cow’s dung instead of human dung, on which you may prepare your bread.” ~ Ez 4:14-15

Observations:

  • Ezekiel listened but God listened too
  • Ezekiel's history mattered to his ministry
  • God made room for Ezekiel's individuality
  • Lord showed flexibility
Applications:

  • Godliness demands flexibility
  • Same place, same time may or may not work
  • Writing with pens, screens, keyboards and talk-to-text
  • There's no one right way to write
Prayer: You called Ezekiel to public demonstrations of Your thoughts.  He brought all of his humanity and You accepted him.  Thank you for accepting me and modeling flexibility.  Godliness allows me to accept people and show flexibility.

Comments

  1. I had to go to Ezekiel chapter 4 to have a better understanding of this flexibilty reflection due to being unable to see how or why the Lord gave Ezekiel the response in verse 14 after what he said in verse 13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that makes us dig deeper into the texts is beneficial. Thank you for pursuing answers to your questions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts