In This Way: Steady Plodding

“Joseph is still alive, and he is ruler over all the land of Egypt.”  ~ Genesis 45:26a

Observations:

  • Joseph steadily plodded through adversities
  • His steady plodding brought prosperity
  • His plodding was a mix of the natural and the supernatural
    • Natural
      • loyalty to his father (37:13)
      • a work ethic (see Potiphar's house)
      • trustworthiness (see jailer in 39:23)
      • flexible (prison to palace in a day)
      • a worshiper (giving God credit for each dream)
    • Supernatural
      • dreams with parents and brother
      • interpreting dreams in prison
      • interpreting Pharaoh's dream
      • ability to forgive cupbearer and his brothers
  • Once Joseph was on the throne, he never lost it
  • He recognized what messes up a good thing and avoided those things
Applications:
  • When facing adversity, keep going
  • Get up, clean up, show up
    • Before rising, "You are Who You say You are.  I am who You say I am."
    • Tuxedo salesman, "You look like you get a shave everyday."
    • Punctuality is a key, tardiness a locked door
  • Catch up, grow up, build up
    • There's always lost ground to regain, so catch up
    • There's always room to grow / improve so grow up
    • Build up the effort on yesterday's progress
  • Wrap up, clean up, close up
    • Finishing on time is just as important as starting on time
    • Leave things better than I found them
    • Turn the key and hit the lights on my way out
  • Use lessons from my first 45 years to avoid mistakes in next 45 years
Prayer: Joseph is gone but we know of him through writing.  Are You calling me to write so that I may be known?  If no one reads this but me, I more fully know who I am because You are bidding me to write.  Thank You.

Comments

  1. Keep writing since its cathartic for you and also the Lord will use your writing to bring Him glory even if it takes many years because God's timing is not necessarily man's timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement to continue writing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts