Lectio Divina: Psalm 127:1

 15Sep10

Silence: Why is the silence in my head so loud?

Meditation: Farmers tie a rope between the house and the barn to use in a blizzard.  Without the rope, men and women die in their own backyards: lost in the storm.

Prayer: Be my rope, please?

Lectio: Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is useless. ~ Ps 127:1

Contemplation: Two boys were given knives and blocks of wood.  Once carved a duck.  The other ended up with a pile of shavings.  The difference between building and building in vain is seeing the unseen plan.  The Lord is unseen.

Oration: There is much happening to me that I'm not sure about.  A family member has come to live with us.  Why now?  Doctoral study is too much right now.  Yet I want to walk on water, in the dark and wind storm.  The Lord is building me, perhaps?  Am I overwhelming myself?

Incarnation: Remember that the Lord is the rope.  Hold.

Comments

Popular Posts