Lectio Divina: Psalm 127:5

 28Sep10

Silence: I am not alone here.

Meditation: I have been drawn here.

Prayer: Oh unseen Companion, please speak.

Lectio: How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them!  He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the gate. ~ Ps 127:5

Contemplation: Taking care of home will take care of me.

Oration: The quiver is a house with children therein.  What do they have to do with my accusers in the public eye or at the city gate?  Everything apparently.

By having someplace to go after I get home from the city gates, I am better able to deal with what is smeared on me at the gate.  I need to know where they are and what the children are doing.  There's more.

If you're always at war, your quiver is empty.  Keeping the peace in and beyond my home is important.  Not every fight is my fight.  Not every accuser needs to be confronted.  Choose my battles carefully, the text instructs.  The more peace, the more gifts and rewards from the Lord in my quiver.  How full would the quiver be if the Lord fought my battles?

Incarnation: God ----> Self ---> Home ----> Work

Comments

Popular Posts