Lectio Divina: Psalm 127:4

03Dec10

Silence: Stand at the intersection and see the ancient path. ~ Jeremiah the Prophet

Meditation: I read history and understand the future.

Prayer: You are calling me to war but I don't know how to fight.

Lectio: Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hand. ~ Ps 127:4

Contemplation: A sharp arrow in your hand can hurt you if you don't know how to use it.

Oration: I don't know what I am doing.  My family member is an arrow in my hand, and the arrow is hurting me.  Whose fault is it that the arrow in the warrior's hand is not helping but hurting?  Is it the arrow's?  No.  It is the warrior's fault for mishandling the arrow.  I am mishandling my loved one by leveling expectations our beloved is unable to meet.  We need to get mental health care going.  There is depression and at least one previous suicide attempt.

Incarnation: Stop mishandling my loved one by placing my understanding on a life entrusted to us.  Get the needed help without bias.  Our loved one is not me.

Comments

Popular Posts