Lectio Divina: Psalm 90:12

05:49 27May10

Silence: Snow sleds sit quietly under the bed.

Meditation: Silk ties hang motionlessly near my head.  The sleds once knew laughter of children who are now in bed.  Silk ties dres compliments of a boss now dead.  Reflecting on these motionless witnesses preceded a fresh reading of Psalm 90...it said:

Prayer: Thank you for slowing me down and helping me see how unimportant things, I think are important, really are.

Lectio: Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom. ~ Ps 90:12

Contemplation: A dying father told his son that his life felt like one long day.  In the morning he was born; by noon he'd met his wife.  In the afternoon he'd raised the children and at sunset enjoyed retirement.  On his death bed, the minute hand was rising to midnight.  He felt like it had been one long day.

Oration: I only get one shot.  Forgetting that makes me start sentences with "I should've..."  Moses in this Psalm confesses that the life of faith isn't always spectacular and Red Sea-like.  Verse 16 flatly states, "Let us see your miracles again; let our children see your glory at work."  Perhaps this was penned after the teenagers groaned at another telling of the Red Sea parting.  The evidence of that miracle, like the twelve stones on the other side of the Jordan, like the ties and belts and sleds told a story of days gone by.  The children wanted a fresh word.  So did Moses.  So do I.

Incarnation: Work on the doctor of ministry (DMin) after praying Ps 90:17.

Comments

Popular Posts