Lectio Divina: Psalm 127:2

26May10

Silence: Work bubbles to the surface first but waiting for the fizz to settle works.  If I drink the fizz, I choke, belch and am not refreshed.

Meditation: Drinking bubbles is vanity: foolishly chasing the wind.

Prayer: May my pursuits be useful, oh God.

Lectio: It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones.

Contemplation: A physician training Naudi said, "We should never work harder than the patients."  I don't know if that's true or not but this text turns that philosophy on its ear.  God is the physician and gives not the expectation of working harder but of accepting rest.  If God gives rest and working hard is useless, why work?

Oration: God gives rest to His loved ones when God works first.  Unless God works before I work, my work is useless.  Unless God works before I work, I'm up early and late without anything to show for it.  When God works before I work, my labor is not in vain.  When God works before I work there isn't as much work to do.  God is working no harder than I am but is working better / smarter than I am.  I get rest because God gives the rest. 

Incarnatio: I have have to let God work before I work.

Comments

Popular Posts