Doing deals

Lectio Divina in Proverbs 16

Silence: This is right, silence, yes.

Meditation: Do I have such little time because I enjoy reflection so?

Prayer: Thank You for meeting me here.

Lectio: True measures and scales are the Lord's: all the weights of the bag are his work.  ( Prov 16:11)

Contemplation: You care about the deal.

Oration: Compartmentalized spirituality makes sense, commonly. God cares about why we do what we do: envy, strife, jealousy, greed, unforgiveness.  Lectio reveals God's invasion of how and what we do.

Weights in the bag direct buying and selling. Measures and scales ensure a deal is fair. God cares about the deal. Are my measures and scales true? Do I conduct business in an equitable manner? Are the weights in my bag the Lord's?

Incarnation: Have less fear of doing deals; more fear of God in the deals I do.

Comments

Popular Posts