Quietly Pursuing Excellence

Lectio Divina in Psalm 127

Silence: Tomatoes grow quietly.  Quality makes no noise.

Prayer: May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight O Lord my Rock and Redeemer.

Meditation: A house cannot be built without a plan.  the builders have to know the plan.

Lectio: Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.  They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.  (Psalm 127: 5)

Contemplation: Making disciples fills a quiver.

Oration: Growing a church brings conflict.  Tonight I am meeting with the sender of a 1000+ word emailed rant.  The concern is that I'm not paying enough attention to the right people because I'm distracted by people without a relationship with Jesus.  A mediator has been called in to help me hear what is and isn't being said.  My quiver is filling but tonight isn't the night to go to war.

Incarnation: Fast, pray, work and rest before meeting with folks tonight.  Include a listening ear, evidence of obedience to the Great Commission and an opening reason to wrap up on time.

Comments

Popular Posts