Life Is a Grind

Lectio Divina in Psalm 127

Silence: I hear myself aging.

Meditation: There is nothing new under the sun.

Prayer: Might this be a fruitful encounter?

Lectio: It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat, for God gives rest to his loved ones.  (Psalm 127:2)

Contemplation: The grind will grind me up.

Oration:  I am on a treadmill.  All last weekend, I spent hours asking a question, "Can you hang?"  Do you have what it takes to fill in all of the blanks and do all of the 'to do's'?  I suppose I would if they stopped coming.  Truth is there is always something else to keep me up at night or awaken me earlier in the morning.

It's a grind.  This text says it's useless to try to hang; to buck up and get with the grind; to man up and go hard.  Solutions aren't found in my stamina or strength or intellect or typing speed or the quickness with which I reply to texts or emails.

I get something to eat because God gives it to me.  Everything else is useless vanity.  Remembering helps me not take myself so seriously.

Incarnation:My source isn't found in the grind.  It's found in God.

Comments

Popular Posts