Through a Storm

Silence: Why is the silence in my head so loud?

Meditation: Farmers tie a rope between the house and the barn to use in a bliizzard.  Without the rope, women and men die in their own backyards, lost in the storm.

Prayer: Be my rope.

Lectio: Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is useless. (Psalm 127:1)

Contemplation: Two boys were given knives and blocks of wood.  One saw a duck in the wood and the other a pile of shavings from the wood.  The difference between building and building in vain is seeing the unseen plan.  The Lord is unseen.

Oration: There is much happening to me about which I am unsure.  Adopting another child...why now?  Advanced degree is just too much at once.  Yet I say I want to walk on water, in the dark, during a storm.  The Lord is building me?  I am overwhelmed.

Incarnation: The Lord is the rope.  Hold.

Comments

Popular Posts