Finding Rest

Lectio Divina in Psalm 127

Silence:  I am not alone.

Meditation: There is much I bring into this solitary place.  Preoccupations and concerns, I place before the One who makes them leave me alone for a season.

Prayer:  Thank You for not leaving me alone, so that drama will leave me alone.

Lectio: It is useless for you to work hard from early morning until late night, anxiously working for food to eat, for God gives rest to His loved ones. (Psalm 127:2)

Contemplation: My breakthrough is found more in what I don't do than in what I do.

Oration: Saying "no" gives rest.  I don't like hearing "no" and saying "no" can be difficult.  "Yes" too often brings early mornings and late nights full of hard work.  Nothing wrong with hard work but God gives rest.  How does rest come?  Rest comes, also, by saying "no".

Incarnation: Say "no" to anxiety-producing activities in order to say "yes" to God-honoring activities.  I've laid much down to be able to write.  I'm not going to pick it up again.

Comments

Popular Posts