Helping a Child

Lectio Divina in Psalm 127

Silence: Stand at the intersection and see ancient paths.

Meditation: I read history to understand what will be.

 Prayer: You are calling me to war but I don't kow how to fight.

Lectio: Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hand. (Psalm 127:4)

Contemplation: A sharp arrow hurts the hand of an untrained warrior.

Oration: I don't know what I am doing.  A father-figure request has been made of me; a sharp arrow placed in my hand.  All arrows are differently made; follow different flight paths.  Whose fault is it that the arrow in the warrior's hand is not helping, but hurting?  Is a warrior's pain the arrow's fault?

No.

An arrow I didn't craft, of previous uses I am ignorant; assigned to me by a frustrated warrior, is frustrating me.  I am mishandling my relationship with the child by leveling expectations the child is unable to meet.  I came through trusting Jesus but the child may need to trust Jesus and the therapists.  Depression and suicide attempts didn't live in my quiver.

Incarnation: Go to war for the benefit of the child by nonjudgementally finding resources I didn't need as a child. Overcome my ignorance to help a child fly.



Comments

Popular Posts