Getting Priorities Straight

Lectio Divina in Psalm 127

Silence:  I am not alone here.

Meditation: Oh unseen Companion, please speak.

Lectio:  How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them!  He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the gate. (Psalm 127:5)

Contemplation: Taking care of home will take care of me.

Oration:  The quiver is our home with children therein.  What do they have to do with my accusers at the city gates?  Everything apparently.

In having someplace to go after I get home from the city gates, I am better able to deal with what is smeared on me at the gates.  I need to know where they are and what the children are doing.

Moreover, if I'm always at war, my quiver is empty.  Keeping the peace in and beyond my home is important.  Not every fight is my fight.  Not every accuser needs to be confronted.  'Choose my battles carefully' the text instructs.  The more peace the more gifts and rewards from the Lord in my quiver.  How full is the quiver if the Lord fights my battles?

Incarnation: God --> Self --> Home --> Work

Comments

Popular Posts