Working the Plan

Lectio Divina in Psalm 127

Silence: Habit breaks habits.

Meditation: Change is a habit, not an episode.

Prayer: Thank you for how Your Word fills my emptiness.

Lectio: Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. (Psalm 127:1)

Contemplation: God plans my work.  I need to work God's plan.

Oration: If I built the reality I now know, Psalm 127: 1 wouldn't speak to me.  I didn't build the life I'm living.  My life is a gift from the Lord:

  • living my dream of preparing, preaching or pondering the parchment;
  • father / guardian of 3 children;
  • married to a beautiful, Harvard-trained, Christian physician;
  • in good health.
Incarnation: Keep my eyes on the Lord's plan of lectio, love demostrated to family and vision-casting in congregational life.

Comments

Popular Posts