Getting It Together

Silence:

Meditation: I pour a libation on my day.

Prayer: Moisten today's threshold with Your Word.

Lectio: O Lord, listen to my cry, give me the discerning mind you promised. (Psalm 119:169)

Contemplation: She didn't have it yet.

Oration: Psalm 119 is anonymous.  The writer could have been female.  She didn't have it all together, even after 169 verses.  The cry came from a circumstance requiring great discernment.  The gap between her reality and her expectation was vast.

Thus the cry.

My gap is vast.  The horses are prepared for battle but the victory comes from the Lord. (Proverbs 21:31).  I don't have it all together yet.  A discerning mind is the victory.  A house the Lord builds is the victory.  A city the Lord protects is the victory.
I don't have it yet but I cry!  Oh Lord, listen to my cry, give me the discerning mind you promised.

Incarnation: I am crossing the threshold with a battle horse and a battle cry.  Victory and a discerning mind come from the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts