Lectio Divina: 14Jul10

Silence: Tomatoes grow quietly.  Their quality makes no noise.

Meditation: A house cannot be built without  a plan.  The builders have to know the plan.

Prayer; May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in Your sight O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Lectio: Blessed is he man whose quiver is full of them.  They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Contemplation: Making disciples at Knob Hill fills a quiver.

Oration: Growing a church brings conflict.  I am meeting BM tonight in response to a 500+ word emailed rant.  BM doesn't think I'm paying enough attention to the 30 members at UBC because I'm distracted by non-UBC folks.  JP will be also be meeting with us.  The plan is:

  • to respond to her questions;
  • articulate the plan for UBC growth.
I have arrows in hand because God has revealed a plan to build His house.

Incarnation: Fast, pray, work and rest before meeting BM tonight.  Include in the meeting package a map of Knob Hill and markers for converts, Bible study members, visitors and partners.

Comments

Popular Posts