Notes on Ps127: 20Oct09

Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hand.  ~ Ps 127:4

An adjective is a word that modifies a person, place or thing.  The adjectives in verse 4 are young, sharp and warrior's (modifying hand).

  • Young: Time is of the essence.  Men and women are not always young.  If I am young(er) now then I need to see the benefit of paying attention to the children.  They won't always be children.  Young men grow old and children grow up.
  • Sharp: A part of my job is to help the children maximize their purpose.  Proverbs states that depending on a fool to accomplish a task is like trying to chew on a broken tooth.  Sending a dull arrow in war creates similar imagery.  The children will be sent to help win the day.  My job is to sharpen them and help them do what they were created to do.  Equipping them takes time, their entire childhood and energy.  Thus a young man.
  • Warrior: The kind of hand....trained, purposed, patient, strong, obedient, experienced.  I have to get myself together if I'm going to help them.  My hand has to be a warring / working / conquering hand.  I have to be in the battle (of life) to win.  Arrows are guided by the hand.

Comments

Popular Posts