Lectio Divina: 21Aug10

Silence: Less is more.

Meditation: Doing less is a more more excellent way.

Prayer: God I live in the land of more.  Stuff is a drug...a crutch.  Please deliver me from stuff in Jesus' name, amen.

Lectio: How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them. ~ Psalm 127:5

Contemplation: The stuff that brings happiness isn't stuff.

Oration: People not things bring satisfaction.  The Psalmist speaks about stuff: house, city and food; a gate, arrows and a quiver.  But the happiness in the text springs from an abundance of people - children - not things in life.
As with the psalmist, so in my life.  People should be my focus.  Going deeper with fewer people may bring greater success in ministry than being faced with discipling dozens.

Incarnation: For the Kingdom, I need to love my family deeply.  My wife is first. The children are next.  Any disciples God gives come next.  Quality of people, not quantity of things, will preoccupy me.

Comments

  1. This is a prayer that we should all utter: Lord help me to love people not things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the person I love very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts