Lectio Divina: 24Aug10

Silence: Steady plodding brings prosperity.

Meditation: Do the work.

Prayer: Prayer is the work of ministry.

Lectio: Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is useless.

Contemplation: Is work, work when Someone else has done it for you already?

Oration: Nothing I do works unless God has already moved:

  1. No salvation without Christ on the Cross
  2. No marriage without God's provision
  3. No building without God's plan.
The work I'm called to do is not creation but re-creation. I am called to follow God's renderings and recreate what has already been created.  The world says I'm supposed to create but God says I'm supposed to recreate, regularly.  Every 7th day I am to recreate.

Q: Is it work to be able to rest?
A: Yes...the hustle and bustle will not allow rest.

Incarnation: Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. ~ Exodus 20:8-12

Comments

Popular Posts