In This Way: Showing Up Everyday

6And when you have completed these, you shall lie down a second time...  ~ Ez 4:6a

Observations:

  • Ezekiel's assignment was long term
  • No one could do it for him
  • Some parts were for some days
  • Time had to be invested for completion
  • Once a thing was completed, another thing began
  • There was no way to "get it over with"
  • When Ezekiel was misunderstood, it was for months
  • Ezekiel had to show up everyday
Applications:
  • No one is going to write for me
  • I have to put pen to page
  • It's my boil that needs a fig (Is 38:21)
  • Content is an obedient response to what I hear
  • Fingers on keys / pen to page are a long term assignment
  • I have to touch it everyday
  • Not showing up is plagiarism
  •  I will be misunderstood and need to endure
  • Keep it simple...do only what you hear Him say to do
  • Obedience in writing is better than sacrifice in ministry
  • Write!
Prayer: You led Ezekiel to lie on his left side for 390 days and his right side for 40 days.  All was symbolic but the prophet's responses to you were literal.  May I literally do what You explain to me in symbols?  The Cross is quite a symbol...trusting You for its actual meaning, in Jesus' name.

Comments

  1. It's important to show up everyday which entails taking life one day at a time. I think that is why the Lord gave the Israelites manna and quail each day instead of once a week. It's also why Jesus taught us to pray for our daily bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Father, Who art in heaven, hollowed by thy name...thanking our Father for your post today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts