Notes on Psalm 127: 10Jan09

10Jan09

Psalm 127: 1-5

A House = University Baptist Church
Work = What we do at UBC
Builders = Intercessors, visionaries, workers
Children = New disciples / members
Young Man = Me? (That's amusing!)
Warrior = Me? (Also amusing)
Quiver = List of regulars / roll / listserv / Sunday service
Accusers = TBD

Am I misguided for turning this song of ascent into a plan for career development?  I don't think so because it all starts with the Lord.  None of my musings mean anything unless ht eLord moves first .  I perceive the Lord moving:

  • bringing me to UBC
  • making me a preacher
  • introducing me to lectio divina
  • inspiring Ps 127
  • making me focus
  • giving a place to read and write
Prayer: I have nothing else but You.  This whole thing is a demonstration of my misguidedness without You.  I need You; not for what You can do but for Who You are.  I am available to be used by You.  I trust You know what I need to know; I trust You.

Comments

Popular Posts